Cyrus & Perth Learn Photography
Perth Learn Photography is Perth's leading and most affordable photography training group in WA. Every month we run 5 to 10 low cost sessions for adults and kids through Meetup, Facebook, Eventbrite and 24 partnerships around WA.
Cyrus found a vocation in photography in 1994. During the first decade, Cyrus created fine art photography to exhibit in galleries & cafés and sold to collectors.
By 2004 the demand in wedding photography, focused his energies towards being a wedding specialist.
Starting in 2006 he started passing his knowledge on as a teacher, paying it forward to those wishing to enter photography professionally and eventually teaching kids & adult classes through Meetup and various teaching institutions.
In 2008, 2009 and 2010 he received nominations as Australia’s “Top Wedding Photographer”.
Today, Cyrus inspires others by showing easy pathways to learning and appreciating photography, as a teacher, public speaker & Camera Club Judge.
Cyrus has been published in Perth based Artist's Chronicle, Nationally in Capture Magazine, has had four stories published in the West's "Inside Cover", and been interviewed by Todd Johnson on ABC radio.
Cyrus Roussilhes - Founder of Perth Learn Photography & Kids Camera Club
- Professional Photographer since 1994
- exhibited in galleries & cafés and sold to collectors.
- Specialities: Portrait & weddings, landscapes, business mentoring, kids learning programs.
- Available for judging & public speaking.
- Working with children card.
- Teaching experience since 2006.
- Triple nominated "Australia's Top Wedding Photographer".
- Perth Learn Photography meetup growing at 100 members a month.
We've been published in the media such as Artist's Chronicle, Nationally in Capture Magazine, four stories published in the West Australian, and on radio been interviewed by Todd Johnson on ABC radio, Radio Fremantle, Business 101 Radio, Curtin Radio and worked on a project for Community TV.
Editorial contributions have appeared in SCOOP, a dozen national and local wedding magazines and his images have appeared on the cover three wedding magazine and a business magazine.
Wedding Photography Achievements
- wedding specialist from 2004.
- 2006 started mentoring
- 2008 founded a 2nd Wedding & Portrait Studio
- nominated as Australia’s Top Wedding Photographer in 2008, 2009 & 2010.
Landscapes & Fine Art
- Celebration of nature
- full of vibrancy
- depict surreal scenes
- long exposures at dawn, dusk and night.
Guest Speaker & Networking
- Guest speaker and official photography judge
- Co-Founder of the Perth Business Growth Club
Publications (Books & APPS)
- “The Business of Wedding Photography: work less, earn more” Edition 4
- "Finding the Moon" APP
- "Portrait Photography Tips" APP
- "Mindfulness Photography" APP
Perth Learn Photography
- Started on Meetup in Feb 2017
- 3300 members in Jan 2020
- Partnerships with many Learning Centres & Councils
- WWC Card
- Public Liability
- Affordable pricing
Social media following
Code of Conduct
We are committed to providing a safe place for all students, models, participants, sponsors, volunteers and Instructors and anyone else involved in one of our workshops, providing a harassment-free, supportive learning and development environment for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion (or lack thereof), or technology choices. We believe in consent for all involved, including students, Models, and the general public where possible they are involved and teach practices accordingly. For more information on our Terms, Conditions and Code of Conduct, please see here. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Vision & Social Impact Statement:
- To help people learn and grow though photography.
- Help people develop greater mental resilience.
- Kids Camera Club WA in partnership with schools, council & other learning centres
- Invite Kids to submit their best images for awards and recognition.
- Free to participate
- Way to promote free and low cost events run by PLP partners